Itron Accelerates Digital Transformation of Water Utilities in Australia and New Zealand
Newly Launched AMI Essentials Features Intelis wSource NB-IoT Water Meter and Temetra NB-IoT Digital Platform for Water AMI
AMI Essentials for water is a flexible and open standards-based, end-to-end solution that provides a fully integrated software suite for data collection, meter data management and device management. Utilities can easily collect, track and manage data from multiple metering devices. The solution features Itron’s Temetra MDM platform to collect and manage data, enabling use cases, such as meter reading, work order management, asset management and water usage analytics. The end-to-end solution includes options for connectivity and other services to optimize planning, deployment and operations, and assess connectivity risks. This helps improve service quality and reliability.
Additional key benefits of the solution, include:
- Easy migration from manual meter reading to AMI. Maximizes the business case, reduces pain points around AMI deployment, implementation and operations. One single platform for all meter data.
- Reduces risk of technology dependency. Open standards reduce the risk of standardizing on one technology platform and provide interoperability with multiple communication service providers as well as integration within the IT infrastructure.
- Standard packaged solutions. Simplify adoption for smaller utilities and cities, including standard scope of services and use cases.
- Maximum robustness. Durable meter components and battery designed to enable a 15-year lifetime even in harsh conditions.
“Across Australia and New Zealand, diverse and extremely challenging environmental conditions make it necessary to ensure that aging infrastructure maintains a long lifespan. Itron AMI Essentials for water will help utilities mitigate the impacts of climate disruption and address asset management and leakage challenges,” said
Intelis NB-IoT Water Meter
Now available with Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) connectivity, the
Temetra NB-IoT digital platform and Temetra Analysis
Itron’s Temetra NB-IoT data collection and data management system provides a best-in-class platform for critical meter data management business processes. It currently supports over 30 customers and more than 2 million endpoints in
Temetra Analysis delivers measurable results that address non-revenue water (NRW) losses in the water distribution system. It improves operational visibility, minimizes leaks, maximizes return on investment on meter replacements, streamlines pressure management, reduces labor costs, optimizes network operations and proactively improves the customer experience. These outcomes help utilities identify, prioritize and take action to reduce NRW for both real and apparent water losses in the distribution network.
AMI Essentials for water, including the Itron Intelis wSource NB-IoT water meter and Temetra NB-IoT digital platform, are now available for testing in
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure solutions to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® is a registered trademark of
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/itroninc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ItronInc
- Newsroom: www.itron.com/company/newsroom
- Blog: https://blogs.itron.com
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230509006313/en/
For additional information, contact:
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Director, Investor Relations