Itron Launches Smart Payment Solution in North America
Itron Smart Pay Helps Utilities Empower Their Customers to Reduce Energy Usage and Save Money Through Flexible Billing and Payment Program
According to the
Taking advantage of Itron Smart Pay, the prepayment solution can be highly efficient at utility debt recovery while still providing consumer satisfaction and consumer engagement through hourly utility bill calculations and active customer engagement messaging. Prepayment solutions give consumers greater awareness of their energy consumption, so they can reduce their usage and save money. The online portal, accessible through web and smart phones, offers consumers flexible payment options. Using Smart Pay utilities can offer no reconnection fees, no credit checks and the ability to reduce utility charges through enhanced energy usage information.
In conjunction with this initiative, Itron has entered into a strategic partnership with PayGo, a software and payments company, who has powered the underlining technology for Smart Pay which has been proven with deployments across North American utilities, both
“At Itron, we are always seeking ways to create additional value for our customers. Itron Smart Pay enables utilities to get more out of their AMI investments and improve customer engagement and satisfaction,” said
Key benefits of Itron Smart Pay:
- Complete billing solution including post-pay billing and prepayment options such as automated cash payments via bar-code, integrated cards/ACH payment platform, retail bill payment through bar codes, the ability to make payments via single sign-on and text message, phone call and notification alerts regarding bill balance.
- Applicable to multi commodities electric, gas and water operations.
- Enables utilities to offer optional flexible payment methods with or without AMI remote disconnect.
- Energy efficiency gains from consumers changing behavior habits using near real-time consumption information, resulting in an average of 3 to 12% in energy savings.
- Reduced call center volume to utilities from with multiple notification channels delivering advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) usage data.
- Increased customer satisfaction with a seamless user experience providing engaging analytics displaying energy usage, cost breakouts, payment history that translate into a bump in Return on Equity according to JD Powers with higher customer satisfaction scores by 10 points or more.
- Backed by Itron’s services and support teams, ensuring security and performance.
Deliver a more robust consumer experience as Itron incorporates DI functionality along with Itron’s other applications, such as AMI headend systems, including
OpenWay, UIQ and Itron Enterprise Edition Meter Data Management.
Itron Smart Pay is now available in
Join Itron on
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure solutions to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® is a registered trademark of
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications