The Itron Intelis Gas Meter Enables an Interactive Energy Network to Ensure Smart Delivery of Natural Gas While Protecting Utility Personnel and Customers
The Itron Intelis gas meter will operate in mobile mode and on the
“Efficient and sustainable operations will be key to utilities’
long-term success – and technology will play an important role in this.
The introduction of intelligent edge devices, such as Itron’s Intelis
gas meter, will equip utilities to ensure safety and operational
The Itron Intelis gas meter is architected to protect consumer safety, provide operational savings and promote workforce protection:
- Excess Flow.Integrated flow measurement detects high-flow condition, automatically shutting off gas flow and sending an alarm to the utility.
- Meter Removal.Embedded air detection immediately recognizes meter removal, shutting off gas flow and sending an alarm to the utility.
- Fire Safety.Integrated temperature sensor detects extreme heat, shutting off gas flow and sending an alarm to the utility.
- Remote Service Shutoffs.Temporarily shuts off service for non-payment or move-outs.
- Primary and Secondary Index. Allows for comparison between temperature compensated and non-temperature compensated volume.
- Prioritized Truck Rolls.Allows proactive management of service shutoffs and reconnects and maintenance activities.
- Remote Control. Activate service safety shutoffs remotely from the home office or service vehicle.
- Enhance Employee Safety. Weighing just4.5 pounds, the ergonomic meters afford maintenance crews easier shipping, storage and installation, reducing the occurrence of injuries due to handling.
“As we bring our first intelligent gas meter to utilities, we’ve
incorporated our leading ERT® (Encoder Receiver Transmitter)
technology into the meter, serving our mobile customers while bringing
distributed intelligence to the edge of the network,” said
The Itron Intelis gas meter will be commercially available in Q4 2018
and will be compatible with the OpenWay Riva network. The meter will be
available for the Gen 5 network in the second half of 2019. To learn
more about the meter please visit
Alison Mallahan, 509-891-3802
Senior PR Manager